Saturday, May 12, 2012

Why I Laugh by Dalai Lama


In the Dalai Lama's book, "My Spiritual Journey," the Dalai Lama explains: "I am a professional laughter... I laugh often, and my laughter is contagious... Thinking only of the negative aspect doesn't help to find solutions, and it destroys peace of mind... You can see the positive side of even the worst of tragedies if you adopt a holistic perspective... if you take the negative as absolute and definitive, however, you increase your worries and anxiety... I have been homeless for half a century...but I have found a large number of new homes throughout the world... The life of exile is an unfortunate life, but I have always tried to cultivate a happy state of mind, appreciating the opportunities this existence without a settled home, far from all protocol, has offered me.... This way I have been able to preserve my inner peace."


Not all belief systems inspire happiness, nonviolence, and the wish to end all suffering. The Dalai Lama states that his religion is simple, it's "Kindness."

Recognizing that the future of humanity depends on our planet, and that the planet's future depends on humanity, the Dalai Lama has cultivated a special relationship with nature and with many peoples around the world.

True global communication is one of kindness and coexistence; finding within oneself a reason to laugh, giggle, and joke, as well as the ability to find humor in the subtlest of forms. This is indeed an artform, one that the Dalai Lama has mastered.

It is often times difficult to find humor in a contemporary materialistic society, difficult to find it within ourselves, and difficult to find it in others - until it is what you're searching for. Then, it is everywhere and in everything.

Authentic smiles, natural giggles, and hearty laughs fill the room with a feeling of freshness. If you want to have and share these experiences, you have to create them within yourself and prepare to make true friends, as laughter and happiness, while creating altruism, is indeed contagious.


No comments: