Saturday, July 9, 2011

26 Days to Killer Comedy Material - Judy Carter Challenge


Judy Carter is one of America's top motivational humorists. She's the author of "The Comedy Bible" (Simon & Schuster) and has appeared on over 100 television shows as well as thousands of corporate events. 

In Part Two of "The Comedy Bible,"  Judy states, "That's right, twenty-six days from now you're going to know how to write jokes based on your life experiences and perform them." 


Okay, Judy, my name is Sophy Laughing and 
I'm taking your challenge! 

 


After you've lived awhile, humor takes on a whole new meaning. For some of us, it's laughing at ourselves. For others, it's laughing at others before they can laugh at us!  

For the next 26 days, I will study your Bible to learn how to make my neighbor's laugh. I will harness all the nifty moments that have swirled, glittered, and exploded in my life into material worthy of a few chuckles, laughs, and, with any luck, some belly rolls! Speaking of belly rolls, I also commit to my exercise routine 5-6 days per week so I will not look so fat when I finally meet you and we get our pictures taken together! 

When I turned 40, I decided to give myself a sense of humor. Now, I'm taking it a step further! That's right, give me a sense of humor, next I'm wanting an upgrade! 

I'm soooo committed to developing a "good" sense of humor, that I've even filed to change my last name to Laughing. No matter what I do for the rest of my life, I'm assured to die laughing...and I'm planning on taking a few people with me!


No comments: